You see our coaches in their work environment, but do you know them personally? Sitting down with Coach Elly Davison to learn more about her in this quick Q & A!
1. HOW DID YOU GET INTO PERSONAL TRAINING?
I first studied PT out of pure interest but when I finished my Commerce Degree I knew my passion lied within the health industry. I was approached by Bianca and jumped at the opportunity to learn and be mentored by Daniel and herself at 141 Fitness.
2. WHATS YOUR STAR SIGN?
Libra- a bundle of energy, romantic and loyal to the core. On a quest for fairness, peace and harmony. Yup, that’s me!
3. MORNING OR NIGHT OWL?
I’m a morning person in the summer and a night owl in the winter!
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE 141 FITNESS CLASS?
HIT 50 because it’s an unpredictable whole body killer (in a good way)
5. HOW MANY TIMES A WEEK DO YOU TRAIN?
Usually 4-5 141Fitness Sessions out of footy season, 2 Footy Trainings and 1 Footy Game
6. ENDURANCE OR SPRINT WORK?
Endurance is my strength but I’m working on my weaknesses so sprint work is a bigger part of my routine and it feels good to make progress!
7. SWEET OR SAVOURY?
Sweet, oh so so sweet. Enough said.
8. WHAT’S YOUR ALL TIME FAVOURITE MEAL?
I’m pretty hooked on my Flipped Recipe E-Book Healthy Parmy at the moment!
9. WHAT’S YOUR GUILTY PLEASURE?
Peppermint Magnums or an ice-cram from 48 Flavours….oh and Coconut Rough! I can’t just pick one!
10. IF YOU COULD ONLY DO 5 EXERCISES FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE, WHAT 5 WOULD THEY BE?
4. Chin Ups
5. Chest Flies
11. DESCRIBE YOURSELF IN 3 WORDS
Passionate, Approachable, Energetic
12. DESCRIBE YOUR TRAINING STYLE IN 3 WORDS
Motivating, Challenging, Understanding
13. WHO WOULD BE YOUR DREAM CLIENT
An individual who has a clear goal. They are driven, committed and refuse to give up. They don’t complain and recognise the progress they are making rather than focusing on the end result. Their health is a long-term priority and they enjoy old tunes and a good laugh.
14. BREAKFAST? BRUNCH OR LUNCH?
Brunch, the best of both worlds- who can disagree?
15. TOP 5 SONGS ON YOUR WORKOUT PLAYLIST
I’m loving the old school playlists in the gym!
1. Billie Jean, Thriller
2. Tainted Love – Soft Cell
3. Eye of the Tiger – Survivor
But R&B playlists never fail either
4. Bananza – Akon
5. Summer Love – JT
16. IF YOU WERE A FRUIT OR VEGETABLE, YOU WOULD BE A?
17. WHAT AISLE WOULD WE FIND YOU IN THE SUPERMARKET?
I’ll be honest…. confectionary! Licorice is a weakness of mine.
18. SATURDAY NIGHT IN OR OUT?
IN for sure, watching Netflix with Arlow and the girls
19. FAVOURITE WAY TO SPEND A SUNDAY.
My perfect Sunday would have to be starting the day with my Protein Pancakes, then a swim or time spent on the river skiing, finished off with meal prep so I’m ready to start my week right!
20. A PROUD MOMENT IN MY LIFE WAS?
Being selected to play for the South Adelaide Football Club in the SANFL competition for 2018.
21. IF YOU COULD SIT AT A TABLE WITH 5 FAMOUS/WELL-KNOWN PEOPLE, WHO WOULD THEY BE?
1. Meghan Markle
2. Laura Henshaw
3. Emma Carey
4. Elyse Knowlzy
5. Katie Brennan
22. WHAT IS ONE OF THE KINDEST THINGS YOUR CLIENTS HAVE SAID TO YOU THAT YOU’LL ALWAYS REMEMBER?
“I hope you never leave because I don’t want you to leave!” It is always nice to hear that my clients find me inspiring.
23. WHAT WAS THE BEST ADVICE YOU EVER RECEIVED?
Nothing has to last forever. Do what is best for now and don’t get caught up thinking about the big picture. As much as you try to plan your life, things always change so learn to ride the waves.
24. FAVOURITE QUOTE?
“Having a low opinion of yourself is not ‘modesty’. It’s self-destruction. Holding your uniqueness in high regard is not ‘egotism’. It’s a necessary precondition to happiness and success”- Bobbe Sommer